Ayvaunn Penn, All Christian News
Often, the media outlets have been guilty of using Twitter to highlight feuds between celebrities and other public figures esteemed in society. Before we are too far gone into the new year, however, let us take a moment to reflect on social figures who use Twitter to uplift and motivate others through their Christian faith. Behold! I present to you the most re-tweeted Christian posts of 2012 according to data collected by Christian Post.
1. Tim Tebow, NFL quarterback for the New York Jets
“Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, THANK GOD.” 25,673 Retweets (Oct 4, 2012)
2. Joseph “Rev Run” Simmons, A founding member of hip hop group Run–D.M.C.
“1 cross + 3 nails =4 given #ThankYouJesus!” 11,296 Retweets (April 8, 2012)
3. Gerry Lester “Bubba” Watson, Jr., PGA golfer
“To God Be the Glory!!! #Masters” 10,297 Retweets (April 8, 2012)
4. Lecrae Moore, Christian hip-hop artist, ministry leader, entrepreneur, record producer, and actor
“I’m not a Christian because I’m strong and have it all together. I’m a Christian because I’m weak and admit I need a Savior.” 9,704 Retweets (Aug. 23, 2012)
5. Gabrielle Douglas, Gymnast and Olympic Gold Medalist
“Thank you guys for everything! I am SO grateful God has truly blessed me! Remember to ALWAYS give him the glory for he is GREAT!” 9,564 Retweets (Aug. 3, 2012)
6. Joyce Meyer, Christian minister and author
“God’s timing is perfect; He is never late. Even when things seem out of control God is still working and has a plan for your life.” 7,592 Retweets (May 11, 2012)
7. Robert “RG3” Griffin III, NFL quarterback for the Washington Redskins
“Couldn’t have written the beginning any better To God Be The Glory” 7,476 Retweets (Sep. 9, 2012)
8. Joel Osteen, Author and pastor of Lakewood Church
“God has you exactly where He wants you. Learn to be happy where you are, and God will take you where you want to be.” 6,215 Retweets (March 24, 2012)
9. Colton Dixon, Music artist and American Idol finalist
“Someone loved you so much that he died for you. His name is Jesus.” 6,086 Retweets (April 6, 2012)
10. Max Lucado, Author and pastor of Oak Hills Church
“On this Good Friday, envision the Savior on the cross, bloodied and cast in shadows. Listen as heaven whispers: For you, my child. For you.” 5,318 Retweets (April 6, 2012)
You, too, can use your Twitter account or any other social networking site to be a positive force in social media. Even if you are not famous, even if you do not have a bazillion followers, you can make a difference in the life of another. Never discount the power of making the world a better place one life at a time.
The founder of The Penn Speaks and Your Black Poets, Ayvaunn Penn is an award-winning writer pursuing her graduate degrees in dramatic writing and acting. To peruse her poetry, prose, and services, click here. To have Ayvaunn Penn feature your original poetry on Your Black Poets, click here.