Girl Declared Brain Dead, About to be Removed from Life Support Wakes Up After Prayer

taylor haleReported by Michal Ortner

In 2011, Taylor Hale was pronounced dead after remaining unresponsive for an entire six days. She was horsing around with friends when she fell head-first off of the hood of a car.

“There’s been an accident,” Stacy Henningsen, Hale’s mother, remembered a friend saying. “An ambulance is on the way.”

The following week, Hale was placed in a medically induced coma to help her brain to heal, but instead, her brain began to hemorrhage.

Hale, who was 14 at the time of the accident, was declared brain dead. Doctors claimed that her “brain had turned to mush.” It was arranged for her to be taken off of life support because it was something that doctors said she simply could not come back from.

Family and friends entered into the mourning process. Her parents were preparing to tell their daughter goodbye forever. However, one friend of the family did not give up on her.

On September 17, 2011, Jeff Stickel, a chiropractor and friend of the family, arrived at the hospital with the consent of Hale’s parents. He had felt the Lord urging him to the bedside of what doctors had called a lost cause.

He arrived at the hospital and requested to pray for Hale. Her parents consented. He then placed his hands on her neck and proceeded to pray for God’s healing on the girl. The parents thanked him, and he left.

A few hours passed, and the time came for her to be taken off of life support. But after gasping for air with her own strength, doctors placed her back on support. The day would continue to bring more good news. Hale’s brain activity increased, her eyes began to flutter, and she began to mumble.

“It was the hand of God at work,” her father, Chuck Hale said. “That’s the only thing that can explain it.”

It would be a long process of healing for Taylor Hale. She had to undergo several avenues of therapy to relearn the basics—that meant swallowing, chewing, walking, and talking.

“I was angry because I used to be able to do this stuff by myself, and now I couldn’t,” she said.

Though the journey has been difficult, Hale remains positive.

“God can save people,” she said. “I’m always thankful to all the doctors and nurses and therapists who helped me get better, but God did most of the saving.”



Source 1, 2