By James A. Merritt
Sex is a vital part of a healthy relationship.
Below are 13 good reasons why you and your spouse need to have sex often.
1. It provides some much-needed couple time.
“My husband and I have sex every night because it’s a moment in the day that is just about the two of us.” – Christie M.
2. It leads to more PDA outside of the bedroom.
“We’re very physically expressive with one another, even when we’re not having sex.” – Jesse N.
3. It can be a workout if you do it right.
“When you have four kids and no time, sex is the best exercise.” – Tera M.
4. It gets you out of your head for a little while.
“Sex for me, and now for my husband since we’ve gotten together, is a complete escape from reality.”
– Sara C.
5. It builds trust.
“New positions and sexual frontiers take a lot of trust in your partner to not screw it up, and that kind of trust is best earned after several years of personal and joint bodily exploration.” – Kristena M.
6. It’s a way to connect without speaking.
“It brings couples together in a way that other things don’t. It promotes togetherness.” – Teresa F.
7. You might end up arguing less.
“We know when something is off with each other. And most importantly, we don’t fight, argue or bicker!” – Libby S.
8. It forces you to get creative.
“Being intimate so often, and sharing what each person needs and wants allows the freedom of creativity.” – Arlene B.
9. It’s easier to schedule than a formal date night.
“I think it’s the easiest way to have some romance since we really don’t do date nights or vacations alone.” – Emily D.
10. One word: Orgasms.
“The benefit for me is that it feels simply amazing.” – Stacia L.
11. It improves self-esteem.
“It has brought a new level of happiness for me personally.” – Karri H.
12. It’s a guaranteed mood booster.
“He sings in the shower after morning sex, nearly every time.” – Jesse N.
13. If you use it, you won’t lose it.
“It becomes your routine and a big priority!” – Lara G.